Monday, October 19, 2009

Recovering

It's funny to read the last post because we didn't end up leaving the hospital until Fri morning. 3 catheters later, Max finally was able to get his system working again and the drs finally felt fine about releasing us. I am so glad to have the hospital behind us. Even though it's a great place for when your child is sick, it's never fun to have to spend an extended time there.

Max, Carolyn and I had a good weekend. We took lots of walks, ran some errands, and basically took it easy. We did manage to go to a pumpkin patch, which was a lot of fun. Max did great, and continues to love little adventures. We managed his pain through ibuprofen and Tylenol, and he was content and mellow most of the time. Last night, he did have a fever, but he was fever free today, and even had some of his mischievous side back tonight. Let's see how tonight goes.

Carolyn left early this morning, and once again, I don't know what I would have done without her. She made sure to free up everything I had to worry about, so that 100% of my energy could go toward Max. "Hey Car, do you know where my wallet is?" "Why, yes, Jess, it's ..." "Hey Car, did you pack the ...?" "Yes, Jess, I got it!!" She was amazing, and words cannot express how thankful I am to have had her here for so long! Now, it's onward with recovery.

No comments: