Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We're off!

Hello Everyone,
The day is finally here, which seems monumental. Car arrived here on Saturday, and we've been basically going gangbusters to get ready for today. I worked until yesterday afternoon, and Car ran errands while I worked. She is amazing!!

My send off was incredible! It started, of course, with one heck of a baby party that my friends gave me. That one ended with five of us standing in line for fries and shakes at Dicks at 2:30 in the morning. My school's parents, the awesome teachers, the administrators all celebrated our departure! That was a really nice way to connect with everyone, receive hundreds of hugs and many more well-wishes. Thank you all for your warmth and support. By the way, I couldn't do all of this without you. You are so much a part of this!!

One thing Car was able to track down was a special feeding nipple that goes on a bottle for a cleft lip/palatte baby. Children's Hospital just gave us one. We'll see if Max needs it, or if he has figured out how to feed by now.

Backs are packed (3 - pretty amazing!), lists are crossed off, rides arranged - we're good to go. We're catching a 7:45 flight to San Francisco, then to Beijing - 12 1/2 hours. Phew!! It's a good thing the plane ride is so long. Once in Beijing, we'll be met by our guide and then also another couple who is traveling with us. At least that's what the itinerary says; I was told to be flexible... very flexible... as plans tend to change.

So now, we're off. I'll write to you once we're in Beijing!!

No comments: