Monday, February 16, 2009

Home

It's been several days since my last "confession" :). Carolyn left on Saturday morning. At that point, we were exhausted, both from the plane ride, the jetlag, and the overall excitement of the last few weeks, so saying goodbye was very difficult indeed. But Max and I spent our first day alone taking walks, having a first play-date with Mason and Ray, and continuing to catch up on sleep.
It's been so fun to introduce him to the neighborhood. I've lived here since 2000, so people know me as the owner of Nona, the cute black dog with the snaggle tooth! Well, now I'm the mom of Max, who by the way, can give Nona a run for her money with his own snaggle tooth. For now, his cleft lip is making his front teeth grow mighty crooked.

This morning as we stopped by our favorite coffee shop. I had Max in the sling and wrapped up in my big down coat, and Nona on the leash. We've been going to the same coffee shop for quite some time, and I am certain that they don't know my name, but they sure know Nona's. And wouldn't you know it: I have my new son strapped to my body, and the entire conversation was about Nona's snaggle tooth! I'm glad she's still receiving the attention she deserves. :)

Max is definitely an extrovert. He brightens up when people come visit and when he can be with others. He's made many friends already, and it just warms my heart how much love surrounds this little man!!
I'm so lucky!!
:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessi, what a joy to see your incredible journey unfold, and to know that now you are home with Max. I hope that you'll continue to write about Max's development-I'm sure you'll be singing to him, too! I loved following your blog and can't wait to see Car next week to hear even more!
:) Lesley