Saturday, April 25, 2009

The First Surgery

Max's surgery has been moved up to this coming Tuesday. There was a cancellation in the surgeon's schedule, so they called to see if we were interested. At first it was quite a shock to even think about it being so soon (his original date was June 23), but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. It works out perfectly with my two weeks that are left in my maternity leave, and getting it done sooner rather than later also made sense. So here we go!

We'll have several pre-op appointments on Monday where we'll meet with the nurses, the surgeon and other hospital people, and then we're on for Tuesday at 2:00. Max and I will spend the night in the hospital, and will be home on Wednesday. My friends Heidi and Jemae are fabulous and will come with us to parts of our hospital experience. Phew! Plus, we are surrounded by people who want to help, which feels absolutely wonderful.

So, send us good thoughts, and I'll post more info when I get it. :)

No comments: