Friday, July 29, 2011

Our first night in our new home!

Tonight is our first night in our new apartment - what a significant evening! We spent the afternoon with a friend and her three-year old, and went to visit a dinosaur exhibit. Lots of noises, and sometimes too scary, but all was well, and everyone had a good time. Then we all went to the local mall (HUGE!!!), and rode the carousel and the train. Of course, Max was happy.

They dropped us off at our apartment, which I had spent the majority of the day preparing. Car, little David, Max and I went to the grocery store, bought a ton of stuff, and now it feels like we are home! Some furniture would help, but all in due time. We have beds and some tables and chairs. It'll be fun to set up our home from scratch.

We got a lot accomplished in the last few days: set up a local bank account (harder to do than I´d imagined), bought a car, got a cell phone, had my apartment connected to phone, internet and cable, bought TV´s and other electronics, went grocery shopping - Car and I are working off of so many lists, I can´t keep them straight.  Car also found a nanny, Laura, who will start on Sunday night. Looking forward to meeting her.

Had some wine with other school administrators and the owners of Colegio Brader, and I am so excited to join their team. They really are good people, with their heart in the right place. 

So now I'll enjoy my first night here in a new bed, a new apartment, in a new city, in a new country! WOW! 

Nighty-night, everyone!!


No comments: