Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Week one and two

Here are a few observations of my first week and a half:
1. I have yet to meet a person who is unkind! Example: I was in the check out line of the equivalent of Best Buy, and struggling with Spanish (surprised??) when the guy next to me turns and says in perfect English: "May I help translate??"
2. I am taking Spanish lessons with a friend of Carolyn's. It's harder than I thought! My brain is tired after our sessions.
3. When a car needs a new battery, the battery place comes to your house and does it right there.
4. A personal trainer here costs about $15 per hour. :)
5. When you buy something from "best buy", you can't leave the store until they have unpacked whatever you bought and shown it to you for verification. Then, they pack it all up again, and load it in your car.
6. Everyone here is on a blackberry because texting is free with other blackberry users. So, no one emails anymore. Everyone texts! No iPhones... Ugh!! but I'm learning.

More later!!

No comments: