Thursday, July 21, 2011

Our new adventure: PANAMA

So much has happened in the last year. Max is thriving as a three- year old, growing like a weed, asking "why" 250 times a day, and exploring his, ahem, independent side. The major news is that we have moved ... To Panama.

As some of you might remember, my best friend, Carolyn and her family live in Panama. A great opportunity to work at a school in Panama came up, and I was ready for a new adventure both professionally and personally. So, I rented my house, sold my car, and bought two one-way tickets to Panama City.

I'll be working as a "Directora" at Colegio Brader, preschool through 12 th grade, about 1200 students. I've been hired to be the Director of Strategic Planning, and will work with the school to help them chart out their next few years while also helping them cement their systems and procedures. It will be very exciting for sure.

Max and I have a big 3- bedroom apartment in an area of Panama City called San Francisco, right on th end of Calle 50 and will hopefully move in August 1. In the meantime, we are staying at Carolyn's place where Max is enjoying being the youngest sibling!!

He will go to a small preschool,starting August 1. The school is mostly in Spanish but there are some English speaking teachers there as well who will hopefully ease his transition. In march 2012, once he's 4, Max will be at Colegio Brader with me,which will be great.

I am trying get us all set up here for the next few days, and of ocurse, would be at a complete loss if it werent for my friend Carolyn. She has been amazing in supporting us every step of the way, and trying to figure out all th details of starting up in a new and foreign city. But I can already imagine that it won't be foreign for long.

I am trying to learn Spanish which is very challenging at this moment. I had 6 years in school and some of it is comng back. Hopefully it will kick in soon!!!

I'll try to post more soon. Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Shep said...

So excited to hear you are thriving and growing! and Max too! Enjoy all of it, you will be speaking Spanish like a native in two months. Great thing this blog is, so we can keep in touch with you vicariously.
Best wishes!
Shep